Thursday, April 21, 2011

 

Five Years of Talking to Myself

Five years ago, I bought an Atari Flashback 2 and I loved it so much that I wanted to write something about it. But since I had no idea who would care about such a thing, I figured I'd need to create my own platform for it. Nearly 200 posts later, here I am, still writing things nobody is going to read about things that nobody cares about but me. It's not the most rigorously-maintained blog, but I think that's for the best -- it speaks to how far I've come toward freeing myself from this money-eating, time-killing hobby. I've gone from being a total addict to finding some balance. I've made some progress reining in the pretentious bullshit and toning down the blatant fanboyishness. I've dabbled in making some games of my own. And I've written a few things that I'm pretty happy about.

So here's some of my personal favorite posts from the last five years. If this continues to be fun, maybe I'll make some more.

2006

Babysitting My Video Games
Thoughts From the Press Conference
Thoughts From the Other Press Conference
Top 10 Gamecube Underdogs
The Gay Kid In Earthbound
What Dragon's Lair Did Right
Taking On The World
Pokemon Mystery Dungeon
The Golden Age of Black and White
Mario Party Advance

2007

Pokemon Trading Card Game
Game & Watch Diaries
Graphics Versus Gameplay Steel Cage DEATHMATCH
He For One
Cooking Mama 2: Dinner With Friends

2008

Why Do I Play?
Beating Harvest Moon GB
Mystery Dungeon: Shiren the Wanderer
Wii Fit
Super Smash Brothers Brawl Characters
Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Games

2009

Wario Ware: Smooth Moves
Wii Music
Video Game Review Scores

2010

Third Party Failure Completely the Fault of Nintendo Wii
Wii Sports Resort
Dragon Quest Wars
Wolf Quest

2011

The Multiverse Celebrates Mario's 25th
Setting the Record Straight
The Animal Crossing Trap

There we go. If I don't spend the next year playing nothing but Desktop Dungeons (a very real danger), then I'll see you in 2012!

Labels:


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?