Tuesday, June 07, 2011

 

Nintendo's New Controller

Sigh.

I thought the 3DS proved something. I looked straight at it, and I told myself I didn't want it. Of course, I tell myself that whenever something new comes out. The real test was when it was actually released. But the date came and went, and now it's buried in the past. It's out of sight and out of mind. I didn't buy one, and I still don't want to. I thought I was cleaned up. Rehabilitated.

And then something like this happens.

See, I have a thing for tablets. You tell me the controller is a tablet -- a hybrid device that combines the wide touchscreen with actual physical buttons -- you tell me you can play games on the controller without a need for a TV by streaming the video and...

It's not fair. How the hell am I supposed to resist something like that?

I can mumble something to myself, questions about cost and games and backward compatibility and battery life, but I can already feel the ache coming on. It's a novel thing to do with video games. I don't know if I'm strong enough.

A year and a half is a long time. Let's see what happens.

Labels:


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?