Thursday, July 12, 2007

 

Wii Hissy Fit

I will never, as long as I live, understand the "hardcore".

Oh man, you should've seen the GameFAQs message boards lit up yesterday! "Nintendo abandons their fans!" "Soccer moms declare martial law!" "I saw Goody Miyamoto with the devil!"

Over what? The promise of a new accessory that will be able to detect the motion of your entire fucking body with allegedly uncanny accuracy.

I mean, what the hell? As far as I'm concerned, that's a show-stealer. That's motion control to the tenth degree. Did no one look at the trailers for this thing? Can no one imagine the possibilities? Why the hate? Why the accusations of betrayal? Is it because we're going to be asked to exercise, and that's just not cool enough?

Whatever. Wii Fit is officially my most anticipated game for any console. Yes, it even trumps Smash Brothers. Yes, even with a Dr. Wright assist trophy. I'm just that excited about the promise of digital entertainment with real-world control.

So how long before they announce a Wario Ware game for it?

Labels:


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?