Wednesday, March 14, 2007

 

Phoenix Wright: A Scientific Investigation

For the past month or so, I've been replaying Phoenix Wright 1 and 2 to keep myself entertained through my morning walk on the treadmill. And while I was at it, I decided to time how long it took me to play through each game to satisfy my curiosity about the length of each game.

What follows are the results of my investigation. These are the times it took me to play through each game once I already knew all of the solutions. The only text I skipped through was when I made a mistake and had to re-read something. Sometimes I would avoid unnecessary digressions, other times I would press every point. These playthroughs aren't perfect -- there were a few points where I got lost and forgot how to proceed through the investigations, and one point in Rise From the Ashes where I made a mistake and lost. (I estimated 10 minutes of playtime lost due to my mistake, which I deducted from the playtime listed below.)

Because Rise From the Ashes was a special case added to the first game for the DS release, I decided to account for it separately just to see what sort of difference it made.

So here we go:

Ace Attorney (Case 1-4): 7 hours
Rise From the Ashes: 5 hours, 20 minutes
Justice For All: 11 hours, 45 minutes

As I'd suspected, Rise From the Ashes is almost long enough to be its own game (at least by the standard set by the original) and Justice For All is about the same length as all five cases in the first game combined.

It just goes to show you... something or other.

Labels:


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?