Monday, December 11, 2006

 

Holiday Impulse Purchase Roundup

Comes down to it, I really enjoy holiday shopping, especially when I know what my family wants or needs. The only problem is the very real danger that I'm going to drift into the video game aisle and discover lots of pretty, shiny crap that I would never otherwise consider buying. And so it is that I've come home with three things that I didn't need and probably shouldn't have bought. And I don't mind cramming all of the reviews together because I really don't have much to say about them.

Coleco 20-in-1 Handheld Games Featuring Sega Master System and Game Gear Classics

At least, I think that's the official title for that thing. Anyway, this is a very cool little toy. Not only does it have a backlit, full-color display, but it comes with an A/V cable to hook it up to a television. Definately better than I was expecting from a $50 stand-alone handheld. Only problem is, I've never heard of most of these games, and barely any of them seem to be worth playing. What can I say, I was never a big Master System/Game Gear fan. It doesn't help that there are no instructions provided, rendering games like Ecco II obscure and all but unplayable. I weep for the poor soul who tries to play Missile Defense uninitiated.

Where's the Atari 2600 version with Adventure on it?

Zelda Keychain

Oh, hell yeah. The original Zelda DS in all its Game & Watchy glory. I found it at Toys R Us, stuffed in with all the other useless electronic game crap. It's playable, and it even features the sexy snap-tight clamshell design of the original (only smaller), but ultimately, I prefer the version that came with Game & Watch Gallery 4.

Sonic the Hedgehog (15th Anniversary Game Boy Advance version)

It looks like Sonic, but it sure as hell doesn't play like Sonic. It plays like Sonic in Molasses World. You can't even use any of the secret codes from the original. Super lame.

Labels:


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?